Thank you for your interest.
PLEASE NOTE: If you don’t really love coffee and drinking it often in all its variations, it’s probably not worth sending us a resumé.
We keep submitted resumés from qualified candidates on file and will contact those that meet the requirements below the next time we are hiring.
Smiling Goat Organic Espresso Bar Inc., occasionally offers exciting opportunities for bright, articulate, career-minded individuals to fill various roles in our Halifax locations. Successful candidates will be accountable for achieving predetermined customer service and sales standards.
- Provide pleasant, professional and knowledgeable customer service
- Assist customers in choosing coffee’s, teas, cold drinks, merchandise, food items, etc.
- Promote alternate trade models for coffee distribution and organic & local products
- Operate espresso machines, vacuum french press, coffee brewers and various other equipment with skill and efficiency
- Provide in-depth information about all products served
- Operate Point-of-Sale cash register
- Maintain retail inventory standards and exceptionally clean working environment
- Various other duties as required
- A love of and passion for coffee
- Pleasant personality with superior communication skills
- Team player with excellent customer service and sales skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach that with enable you to deal with challenging situation with integrity, empathy, honesty and sincerity
- Previous Barista experience is an asset but certainly not necessary
We are a rapidly growing company with potential to offer interested candidates experience and possible future full-time employment in areas of Marketing, Public Relations as well as Sales and Management positions.
Smiling Goat Organic Espresso Bar Inc. collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile created when you submit the information requested. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities. The information is subject to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, is done so in a secure manner.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online by sending the following:
- An email with the reason you want to work for us contained in the body of the email
- Your resume as a .pdf attachment
Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.